Trail-worthy, meet drool-worthy. Perfect, now that introductions are out of the way, let's do our best to try and grasp the fact that the Epic EVO Pro manages to channel the Epic's standard-setting pedaling efficiency while delivering jaw-dropping on-trail capability—and look darn good doing it.
While the Epic EVO sees a seemingly modest 20-millimeter increase in suspension travel up front over its Epic stablemate and just 10-millimeters out back, we've worked overtime to make sure it's been implemented in a way that'll have you saying 'Whoa!' as soon as you hit your first stretch of singletrack.
Meticulously engineered to retain as much of the Epic's standard-setting efficiency as possible, the EVO's new suspension kinematics work in concert with Rx XC Tune customized suspension front and rear to ensure you're able to make the absolute most out of every inch of travel on tap, while still offering increased anti-squat characteristics for improved pedaling efficiency.
With plenty of practice at staying ahead of the curve, the Epic EVO now lays claim to the most capable iteration of our Progressive XC Geometry ever to grace an Epic. It's also more versatile than ever thanks to a new flip chip-equipped rear end that allows riders to adjust headtube angle and bottom bracket height to easily customize Epic EVO's handling characteristics.
Dressed to impress, the Epic EVO Pro sports top-shelf Fox Factory suspension front and rear to keep things poised when the going gets rough, while the silky shifts and rock-solid performance of Shimano's 12-speed XTR group will never go out of style.
- 27 years of loving devotion, and countless engineering hours, from Shimano have certainly paid dividends for their legendary XTR groupset, breaking it's own performance benchmarks time and time again in it's wildly successful quest for the ultimate shifting experience.
- Descending from a long World Cup lineage, hand-built Roval Control Carbon wheels feature a modern 29-millimeter internal-width hookless rim and straight-pull DT Swiss 350 hubs to maximize strength, ride quality, and durability while keeping weight to a minimum.
- Flip It To Rip It: Tune the ride of the Epic EVO's FACT 11m carbon frame to match your preferred handling characteristics with flip-chip simplicity that allows riders to reduce the EVO's headtube angle by half a degree while lowering bottom bracket height by 10 millimeters.
- Pairing the all-new FOX FLOAT Step-Cast 34 Factory's lightweight chassis with the Fit4 damper's impressive control and on-the-fly compression adjustment makes for a fork with impressive performance both climbing and descending, making it a perfect match for the Epic EVO.
- Stuck in your search for braking bliss? Don't worry, Shimano's XTR M9120 brakes will see you on your way to braking nirvana with their Servo-Wave roller-cam levers and superlative stopping power coming from four ceramic pistons per caliper.
|BB Drop (mm)||36||36||36||36|
|BB Height (mm)||336||336||336||336|
|Bike Standover Height (mm)||779||781||793||804|
|Chainstay Length (mm)||438||438||438||438|
|Crank Length (mm)||170||175||175||175|
|Fork Length, Full (mm)||530||530||530||530|
|Fork Rake/Offset (mm)||44||44||44||44|
|Front Center (mm)||697||729||759||792|
|Handlebar Width (mm)||760||760||760||760|
|Head Tube Angle||66.5°||66.5°||66.5°||66.5°|
|Head Tube Length (mm)||95||100||115||135|
|Saddle Width (mm)||155||143||143||143|
|Seat Tube Angle||74.8°||74.5°||74.5°||74.5°|
|Seat Tube Length (mm)||400||430||470||520|
|Seatpost Length (mm)||125||150||150||175|
|Stem Length (mm)||60||60||60||60|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal (mm)||567||602||629||659|
Due to supply-chain issues, Specs are subject to change without notice.
|Frame||FACT 11m Full Carbon, Progressive XC Geometry, Rider-First Engineered, threaded BB, 12x148mm rear spacing, internal cable routing, 110mm of travel|
|Fork||FOX FLOAT 34 Factory, Fit4 damper, Kashima Coating, 15x110mm, 44mm offset, 120mm of travel|
|Rear Shock||FOX FLOAT DPS Factory, Rx XC Tune, EVOL Air sleeve, Kashima Coat, 3-position adjustment w/Open Mode Adjustment, 190x40mm|
|Rims||Roval Control SL, Carbon offset design, 29mm internal width, 4mm hook width, Tubeless ready, 28h|
Front: DT Swiss 350, 6-bolt, 15mm Thru-axle, 110mm spacing, 28h straight -pull
Rear: DT Swiss 350 straight-pull, 6-bolt, DT Swiss Ratchet EXP, 12x148mm thru axle, Microspline freehub body, 28h straight-pull
|Spokes||DT Swiss Comp Race|
|Tires||Specialized Ground Control, Control Casing, T5 Compound, 29 x 2.35|
|Bottom Bracket||Shimano, BB-MT800, Threaded|
|Crankset||Shimano XTR 9100, Hollowtech 2, 162 q-factor, 32T Chainring, SM: 170mm, M-XL: 175mm|
|Shifters||Shimano XTR M9100, 12-speed|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano XTR M9100, 12-speed, Shadow Plus|
|Cassette/Freewheel||Shimano XTR M9100, 12-speed, 10-51t|
|Chain||Shimano XTR M9100, 12-speed w/quick link|
Front: Shimano XTR M9120, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 180mm rotor
Rear: Shimano XTR M9120, 4-piston caliper, hydraulic disc, 180mm rotor
|Handlebars||Race Face NEXT Carbon, 20mm rise, 8-degree backsweep, 760mm wide, 35mm|
|Tape/Grips||Specialized Trail Grips|
|Stem||Race Face Aeffect R, 60mm, 35mm clamp|
|Seatpost||Fox Factory Transfer, Kashima, 30.9mm, 125mm / 150mm / 175mm travel|
|Saddle||Body Geometry Power Expert, titanium rails|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Gloss Red Onyx/Red Tint Over Carbon / Medium||888818751952||94822-1003||EPI34595493M|