Why should you be forced to choose between aerodynamics and weight, between ride quality and speed? It's simple, you shouldn't. Enter the new Tarmac—climb on the lightest bike the UCI allows, then descend on the fastest. We've utilized our most advanced technologies, from our FreeFoil Shape Library to an all-new Rider-First Engineered™ frame, to deliver a race bike that is truly without compromise. The days of making sacrifices between "aero" and "lightweight" bikes are over—the all-new Tarmac is the fastest race bike, ever. One bike to rule them all.
The Satin Carbon/Jet Fuel colorway is the lightest finish we offer on an S-Works Tarmac SL7 Frameset. It's also the perfect canvas if you are craving custom paint. This is our RTP—Ready To Paint—colorway, allowing you to imagine the build, colors, and design of your dreams, then work with a custom painter to make it a reality.
- "Aero is everything"—we've been preaching it for years and it's still the driving force for the new Tarmac. In our quest for tube shapes that deliver the fastest frame that the UCI rules allow, we took a page out of the Venge development book and utilized our FreeFoil Shape Library. Armed with a library of optimized shapes, we turned to the Win Tunnel to plug these shapes into a modular test bike, for more testing and validation. The result? A new Tarmac that's the fastest we've tested—45 seconds faster over 40km than the Tarmac SL6 (built with Aerofly II handlebars, sold separately). No compromises, just pure speed.
- While aerodynamics were paramount to the Tarmac's development, and to the development of all of our race bikes, weight was the co-pilot on this optimal race bike journey. Previously "aero bikes" always compromised in the weight department—the more drag you reduced, the more weight you gained. With the new Tarmac, our design philosophy was to keep it at, or below, the UCI weight limit out of the box, with no sacrifices to aerodynamics. And with the help of the FreeFoil Shape Library, tools like isotopic FEA analysis, and some engineering wizardry by the best engineers in the industry, we delivered a frame that weighs a mere 800 grams, without giving up a gram of aero, stiffness or ride quality.
- Continuing our quest to develop the perfect race bike, we used our Rider-First Engineered™ philosophy to ensure that the new Tarmac is the most balanced, best handling Tarmac yet—no matter the size. With an army of the world's best test riders from our three World Tour Teams — Boels-Dolmans, Deceuninck-Quick-Step, and Bora-hansgrohe — we made changes to the Tarmac based on their thousands of kilometers on the road. We balanced the ride quality between the front and rear end, so even the longest days in the saddle continue to be comfortable—all without giving up anything to the Tarmac's legendary handling and race-winning snappiness.
- Building on the learnings from the Venge, the new Tarmac utilizes simple integration to create a clean, fast cockpit that's easy to live with. We've improved the routing for any configuration — mechanical shifting, traditional stems, round bars, etc. — all while keeping its aerodynamic attributes. These same traits also make the new Tarmac easy to work on and easy to travel with. It's a win-win.
- The Satin Carbon/Jet Fuel colorway is ready to ride as is but features logos that are decals over a clear coat, so they can be easily removed if you choose to work with a custom painter. The frameset includes a second set of decals to be applied after painting. Keep in mind that when you modify the paint and/or graphics on your Tarmac, the limited warranty provided by Specialized will no longer cover your paint and graphics. Any issues related to such modifications should be worked out between you and your custom painter.
|Head Tube Length||102mm||113mm||131mm||151mm||178mm||198mm|
|Head Tube Angle||71.75°||72.5°||73°||73.5°||73.5°||74°|
|Fork Length, Full||366mm||366mm||366mm||366mm||366mm||366mm|
|Top Tube Length, Horizontal||509mm||531mm||541mm||563mm||577mm||595mm|
|Bike Standover Height||735mm||746mm||768mm||786mm||808mm||834mm|
|Seat Tube Length||447mm||458mm||475mm||496mm||517mm||547mm|
|Seat Tube Angle||75.5°||74°||74°||73.5°||73.5°||73°|
|4'8" - 5'1"||142 - 155||44|
|5'1" - 5'4"||155 - 163||49|
|5'4"- 5'7"||163 - 170||52|
|5'7" - 5'9"||170 - 175||54|
|5'9"- 5'11"||175 - 180||56|
|5'11"- 6'2"||180 - 188||58|
|6'2" - 6'5"||188 - 196||61|
|Frame||S-Works Tarmac SL7 FACT 12r Carbon, Rider First Engineered™, Win Tunnel Engineered, Clean Routing, Threaded BB, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc. Satin Carbon/Jet Fuel colorway. Decals over a clear coat for easy removal if custom painting is desired. Extra decals are provided with the frame set. The limited warranty provided by Specialized will no longer apply to your paint and graphics upon custom painting. Paint and graphics warranty with Specialized is voided upon custom painting.|
|Fork||S-Works FACT Carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
|Stem||Tarmac integrated stem, 6-degree|
|Seatpost||2021 S-Works Tarmac Carbon seat post, FACT Carbon, 20mm offset|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Satin Carbon/Snake Eye / 44cm||888818888245||70623-0044||TAR368963704|
|Satin Carbon/Snake Eye / 49cm||888818888559||70623-0049||SWO5665349|
|Satin Carbon/Snake Eye / 52cm||888818888542||70623-0052||TAR364990402|
|Satin Carbon/Snake Eye / 54cm||888818888337||70623-0054||TAR357575594|
|Satin Carbon/Snake Eye / 56cm||888818888573||70623-0056||SWO565466066|
|Satin Carbon/Snake Eye / 58cm||888818888535||70623-0058||TAR317290421|
|Satin Carbon/Snake Eye / 61cm||888818888047||70623-0061||TAR361191861|